-1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Exhibiting love is the closest we can get to God on this side of Heaven. For we know through scripture that God is the manifestation of love. Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. If God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.
During times of adversity, I found God’s comfort through the love of the women in my life. My mother, wife, daughter, siblings, aunts and cousins give me strength, motivation and reasons to persevere when I feel like giving up. Knowing you are loved, thought of and cared for is a feeling not to be taken for granted. To those women I say thank you! I appreciate you! I love you!
- To my mother Linda, I say thank you for your unyielding support, love and prayers. Thank you for comforting me and caring for me. Raising seven kids as a single mother could not have been easy but I never seen you quit. You are a motivation and I am grateful to have you as a mother. I love you!
- To my wife Vauneeka, I say thank you for standing with me through the ups and downs, through my sadness and frustrations. I have not been a perfect husband, but you are the perfect wife. You embody the true definition of a partner. I love you!
- To my daughter Lincoln, I say thank you for inspiring me. Your eyes, your smile and your laugh give me life beyond explanation and encourages me to press forward. I love you!
- To my sisters (Kim, Chante’, Chelle’, Tee and Dee) I say thank you for your love, prayers and support. Thank you for being there for me in my times of need, encouraging me and always laughing at my jokes. You all are the best sisters a man could ask for and I am grateful for each of you. I love you!
- To my aunties (Jo Ann, Marye, Carolyn, Stephanie, Lisa, Jenny, Teshawnia, Tenekquia, and Joyce) thank you, thank you, thank you! You all are like mothers to me (well not you Neak, we’re practically the same age). I am so appreciative of you all and thankful for your prayers, support and words of reassurance. Thank you for believing in me. I love you!
- To my female cousins (way too many to name) thank you for being there for me, encouraging and supporting me. Special shout out to Jessica “Smess” Harrison for constantly checking-in on me and uplifting me. I love you all!
Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love. It costs nothing to say I love you. Let those you love and appreciate know it.